MMACrypt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» CONVERSATIONS of any and all topics
Khabib vs Tony for April EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 8:58 am by jax

» End of the Line
Khabib vs Tony for April EmptyWed May 11, 2022 9:48 am by Kickass32

» SURVIVOR POOL #51 Round 2
Khabib vs Tony for April EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 3:57 pm by jax

» SURVIVOR POOL #52 Round 1 EFC special
Khabib vs Tony for April EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 3:56 pm by jax

» SURVIVOR POOL #53 Round 1 Bellator special
Khabib vs Tony for April EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 3:51 pm by jax

» SURVIVOR POOL #51 Round 1
Khabib vs Tony for April EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 7:05 am by Kickass32

» SURVIVOR POOL #50 Round 2
Khabib vs Tony for April EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 9:01 am by Kickass32

» Survivor Pool winners
Khabib vs Tony for April EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 9:00 am by Kickass32

» SURVIVOR POOL #48 Round 3
Khabib vs Tony for April EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 8:57 am by Kickass32

Khabib vs Tony for April

5 posters

Go down

Khabib vs Tony for April Empty Khabib vs Tony for April

Post by Hired_Merc Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:31 am

The UFC is targeting a lightweight championship bout between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson -- a matchup the fight world has waited years to see -- in April.

The promotion is looking to book Nurmagomedov against Ferguson as the main event for a pay-per-view on April 18 inside Barclays Center in Brooklyn, UFC president Dana White told ESPN.

Nurmagomedov has signed his bout agreement to face Ferguson in April, according to his manager, Ali Abdelaziz. Sources told ESPN that Ferguson has not signed yet but is interested in making the bout, pending further negotiations.

If the bout does become official, it will mark the fifth time Nurmagomedov (28-0) and Ferguson (25-3) have been scheduled to meet, dating back to 2015. The matchup has been canceled every time for various reasons. Nurmagomedov withdrew in 2015 and 2017, due to injury and weight issues. Ferguson pulled out in 2016 and 2018 due to injuries.

"Fifth time is the charm," Abdelaziz told ESPN. "Tony has been asking for this ass-whipping for a long time, and he deserves it. He's earned it. Khabib wanted this fight, Tony wanted it, the UFC wanted it and the fans wanted it. This fight is for the fans."

Nurmagomedov, of Dagestan, has a 12-0 record in the UFC, including two title defenses. Ferguson, of Southern California, is on a 12-fight win streak in the UFC.

In an interview with ESPN earlier this year, Nurmagomedov said he believed a matchup against Ferguson was the "most important fight in UFC," regardless of weight class. The 31-year-old champion is coming off a third-round submission win over Dustin Poirier in September.

Ferguson, 35, is coming off a second-round TKO against Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone at UFC 238 in June. A former interim titleholder, Ferguson was scheduled to face Nurmagomedov in April 2018, but suffered a serious knee injury after he tripped on a cable during a studio interview promoting the fight.

Nurmagomedov and Ferguson are the No. 1 and No. 6 pound-for-pound fighters in the world, according to ESPN.

Source - https://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/_/id/28164078/dana-white-ufc-targeting-khabib-nurmagomedov-tony-ferguson-april
Hired_Merc
Hired_Merc
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Back to top Go down

Khabib vs Tony for April Empty Re: Khabib vs Tony for April

Post by Kickass32 Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:16 pm

Well let's hope this finally comes to fruition.....this is probably the best fight the UFC can make
Kickass32
Kickass32

Back to top Go down

Post by Kickass32 Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Online gambling site SportsBetting.ag has Nurmagomedov opening up as a strong -250 betting favorite over the former interim champ. Ferguson, the owner of a 12-fight winning streak, has opened up as a +210 underdog. This fight must take place by April 30, 2020 for action

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/11/26/20984381/ufc-betting-odds-khabib-nurmagomedov-opens-as-strong-favorite-over-tony-ferguson-mma-gambling-news
Kickass32
Kickass32

Back to top Go down

Post by jax Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:19 pm

This fight has to happen,been years in the making and would be a massive feather in Kabibs hat. And despite Blue and Merc thinking that Conor would get the fight Im glad this if the road they are taking.
jax
jax

Back to top Go down

Post by Washed the fuck Up Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:14 pm

I'm pretty stoked that this is finally going to happen...should be a decent war...and I honestly can't pick a winner...nut think Khabib....but wouldn"t be surprised if Tony pulled it off...

Washed the fuck Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Hired_Merc Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:06 am

jax wrote:This fight has to happen,been years in the making and would be a massive feather in Kabibs hat. And despite Blue and Merc thinking that Conor would get the fight Im glad this if the road they are taking.

So happy to be wrong. This is literally the BEST fight they could make skill wise for the past 2 or 3 years. Hopefully both make it to fight night this time around, hard to pick a winner.
Hired_Merc
Hired_Merc
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by jax Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:03 am

Yea making it to fight night has been a prob for both these guys when matched up. But I see Kabib as a big favourite here, not sure how Tony gets it done.
jax
jax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kickass32 Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:51 am

Well it says Khabib has signed the contract, Tony has not.....it's pending further negotiations or something to that affect. Hopefully this does not open the door for Dana to slide Conor in there instead.
Kickass32
Kickass32

Back to top Go down

Post by jax Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 am

Dont even go there....lol
jax
jax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kickass32 Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:15 am

I know, but I am a skeptic at heart and I just can't help but feel Dana will do anything in his power to slip Conor into that spot
Kickass32
Kickass32

Back to top Go down

Post by BluenoseGreig Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:02 am

Hired_Merc wrote:
jax wrote:This fight has to happen,been years in the making and would be a massive feather in Kabibs hat. And despite Blue and Merc thinking that Conor would get the fight Im glad this if the road they are taking.

So happy to be wrong. This is literally the BEST fight they could make skill wise for the past 2 or 3 years. Hopefully both make it to fight night this time around, hard to pick a winner.

Me too, I could not be any happier to be wrong. I'd go as far to say this is maybe the best fight EVER in terms of skill and how evenly matched they are in terms of picking a winner.
BluenoseGreig
BluenoseGreig
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by BluenoseGreig Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:05 am

Kickass32 wrote:Well it says Khabib has signed the contract, Tony has not.....it's pending further negotiations or something to that affect.  Hopefully this does not open the door for Dana to slide Conor in there instead.

The usual UFC strong arm tactic of trying to get a fighter(Tony here) to sign a contract for less than their value. Having Ali and Khabib post pictures of their signed contract is a standard procedure in this tactic, whilst using Gaethje as the alternative in the background. They did the exact same thing on Conor with Alvarez when they used Khabib as the pawn in that role.
BluenoseGreig
BluenoseGreig
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kickass32 Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:39 am

BluenoseGreig wrote:
Hired_Merc wrote:

Me too, I could not be any happier to be wrong. I'd go as far to say this is maybe the best fight EVER in terms of skill and how evenly matched they are in terms of picking a winner.
I'm not sure about EVER.....maybe though.....certainly the best currently and in recent past
Kickass32
Kickass32

Back to top Go down

Post by BluenoseGreig Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:56 am

I'm starting to get a little concerned about this fight. Anyone see Tony is still doing some stupid ass training shit. Seen a video of him on a beach doing stuff with a gym ball, the man is crazy but also an injury just waiting to happen.
BluenoseGreig
BluenoseGreig
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kickass32 Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:44 pm

If it falls through this time....for the SIXTH time, I quit
Kickass32
Kickass32

Back to top Go down

Post by Hired_Merc Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:25 am

One of them will pop
Hired_Merc
Hired_Merc
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kickass32 Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:19 pm

Hired_Merc wrote:One of them will pop
For juice? hopefully Tony
Kickass32
Kickass32

Back to top Go down

Post by jax Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:41 pm

Why would you say that? I dont think either of these guys have been accused of anything, let alone fail.
jax
jax

Back to top Go down

Post by Hired_Merc Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:43 am

jax wrote:

Why would you say that? I dont think either of these guys have been accused of anything, let alone fail.

Becuase it's been cancelled due to weight cut and injuries, popping would be the next thing. I don't suspect either guys, but if it gets cancelled again it'd be hilarious.
Hired_Merc
Hired_Merc
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down